Company Limited by Guarantee and Guarantee Companies; Ideal for Charity Registration
Key features of our service:
- Bespoke Articles of Association
- A Quality Service paying attention to your individual requirements and objects of the company
- Your order will be carefully checked and professional advice will be provided
- Formed within 24 hours
Requirements for the purpose of company registration are:
- A minimum of one director, often called a trustee. The sole director may also be the subscriber, often called the first Member.
- A company secretary is not a legal requirement but many organisations find it useful to have a secretary.
- A minimum of one subscriber is required at the time of incorporation. This can be the director, another person, or an entity. The sole director can also be the sole member.
- Registered office address of the company must be in the country of incorporation. For companies incorporated in England and Wales, the registered office must be located in England and Wales.
If you aim to register the company with the charity commission, you will need to take into account the number of directors/trustees required by the Charity Commission. Currently, the Charity Commission require at least three directors/trustees before they will register the company as a charity.Initially, the company may be incorporated with one director and one subscriber. More directors can be added easily at a later stage through the adimin portal on our website.
You complete the application form to give us your instruction and appoint directors and subscribers for the company. You will also need to provide us with the aims and objectives of the company.
Your completed forms are received in our office; we check them for their accuracy and the availability of the company name. You will be notified of any irregularities in your forms so as to avoid the application being rejected by the Registrar of companies. We draft out the Articles of Association for the company inserting a special objects clause based on the information you supply us.
We take care of the complete company registration process with your special Articles of Association and appoint the directors and subscribers of the company.
A company limited by guarantee is incorporated electronically within 24 hours. The certificate of incorporation is delivered by email. Full set of documents and the completed statutory register are posted within the next 1-2 days.
Price & Package
£136 + vat
What you will get:
- Free name check availability
- Your given name incorporated with your special Articles of Association (constitution of the company)
- Free exemption from using the word ‘Limited’ in company name if required; – must be specified at the time of application.
- Certificate of incorporation by email and by post.
- Six Bound copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Statutory Combined Company Register fully completed.
- First minutes of the board meeting.
- Membership Certificates.
- Seamless business support before and after your company is incorporated.
- Bank account for your company.
- FREE advice on how to register the company with the charity commission.
Our free business banking introduction is available to all customers purchasing the guarantee limited company pack. All you need to do is inform us of your interest by selecting the banking option on the order form.
If you have any questions please contact us by email email@example.com or call us on 020 232 5479
What is a company limited by guarantee?
A company limited by guarantee is one which does not have a share capital and in which Members do not buy shares. Instead the Members guarantee to pay a certain sum (usually £1) in settlement of liabilities on winding up.
The Members of the company are the original subscribers to the Memorandum of Association and any other persons whom the directors may approve for membership and who agree to be members. Members can be added after the company is incorporated.
Do I need a company limited by guarantee?
In deciding whether you need a company limited by guarantee or a limited company with share capital you should consider the following factors:
Is the company trading for profit? If so, then you should incorporate a private limited company with a share capital.
Companies limited by guarantee typically comprise non-profit making organizations such as:charities and truststrade and professional associationssocial, sporting and other clubstenants’ and residents’ associations
It should be particularly noted that that the Charities Commission will not approve a company for registration as a charity unless it is limited by guarantee.
What are the requirements for company formation?
The requirements are the same as for a limited company with share capital:
- § A minimum of one director, often called a Trustee for companies registered with the Charity Commission.
- § A company secretary is not required but an organisation may find it useful to have a secretary.
- § A minimum of one Member. The sole director can also be the Member.
- § Registered office address in the country of incorporation
- § Articles of Association based on Model Articles prescribed under Companies Act 2006.
Do I have to write ‘Limited’ at the end of company name?
If the limited company is non-profit making it may be permitted to omit the word ‘limited’ from its name. The company is still required to disclose on the company stationery that it is a limited liability company.
To obtain this exemption, the objects of the company must be the promotion of commerce, art, science, education, religion, charity or any profession. Any profits or other income must be spent in promoting the company’s objects. No dividends must be paid to membersIf a company limited by guarantee is wound up, all assets must be transferred to another body which has similar objects or which promotes charity.
Companies permitted to omit the word ‘limited’ form their name need not submit a list of members to Companies House with the confirmation statement.