Close a Company
Voluntary strike off and company dissolution
The directors of a limited company can apply for a voluntary dissolution if the Company is no longer required, and the company has been dormant (not traded) for at least 3 months.
The Company cannot apply for voluntary dissolution if at any time in the last 3 months it:
- traded or carries out any business,
- changed its name,
- made a disposal for value of property rights that it held for the purpose of disposal for gain in the normal course of trading,
- engaged in any other activities.
Before applying for voluntary dissolution the following should be informed:
- any creditors,
- managers or trustees of an employee pension fund,
- any directors who have not signed form DS01 (companies house application form),
- Any organisation that has an interest in the Company’s affairs i.e HMRC.
Stress free voluntary dissolution where all queries are handled by us.
- Form DS01 completed and sent for signature by the director/directors of the Company,
- Application sent to Companies House along with filing fee,
- Copy of the application sent to HMRC and any other relevant parties,
- Any queries arising from Companies House or any other party handled by us,
- Notification sent to you once the Company has been dissolved.
Where the company has been completely dormant the cost is £75 + vat inclusive of companies house filing fee
Where the company has carried out some trading activity you would need to prepare the final accounts and submit them to the HMRC. We can give you a separate quote for preparing the final accounts.